Monday, November 30, 2015

IDT  516 Update

As of right now I am continuing to create and send out quizzes to referees, fans, and coaches that I know. The first week things were a little shaky just trying to get started but I figured out how to make things work. The biggest issue I've run into is that Twitter won't allow you to send a direct message to someone that doesn't follow you. You can send out tweets to them but not a private message. This has limited the amount of officials I have been able to get the test out to so I have resorted to sending the quiz link out via text message this week as well as in the same twitter message I created for the first test.

I'm thinking I will get a little more insight on how to better use Twitter to engage a large group of people. I need to be able to send the link out, have people take the quiz, immediately know what their grade is and be able to post comments the same area. I'm still working out the bugs but it's seems to be a working idea so far.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Quentin,

    I think with every technology we discover kinks along the way, and being flexible is part of the learning process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quinitn,
    I had some technoloigy glitches too with my classroom blog. Just press on. We are all learning along the way. The more we discover about the project technology, the better prepared we are the next time we use it with learners. Glad you are finding workarounds. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete